Web Hosting Service Level Agreement
Coverage and Terminology
This service level agreement applies to any client who holds an account for web hosting services from Pacific Northwest Web Works and the account is current.
The term ‘site availability’ means the percentage of a month (based on 24-hour days for the number of days in the subject month) that the content of client’s website is available for access by third parties.
We will provide you with technical support for setup of your account, and site / CPanel settings. However will not provide development-related support for the website and content, unless otherwise agreed. Development support will be billed at our regular design rates and is not included in your hosting.
Email support is available Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time excluding holidays.
Phone support is available Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Pacific Time excluding holidays.
We will make every attempt to respond to technical support requests in less than two hours. But the response time will depend on the complexity of the issue and other outstanding issues.
Out of Business Hours
Email support requests can be sent and will be worked on the next business day. If the issue is outage related, we will work on the issue as soon as possible.
Critical issues which are handled out of business hours, for clients without a management contract will be charged at the current hourly rate with a minimum of 1 hour. If the issue is due to a fault of hardware or software in which the services run, no charges will apply. Clients with a management agreement may incur a charge depending on their agreement.
Non-critical issues handled out of business hours for all clients are billable at the current hourly rate with a minimum of 1 hour.
Service Level & Policies
We aim for 100% website availability for all clients.
Except under the conditions mentioned in the next section below, if the site availability of client’s website is less than 100%, we will issue a credit according to the following table (click to enlarge):
The credit amount is based on the monthly service charge for the affected services.
We will do our best to notify you of any scheduled maintenance at least 24 hours ahead of time.
But we do reserve the right to perform emergency maintenance without any prior notification. Emergency maintenance can happen if it is necessary to protect and maintain the security and integrity of the service.
Clients shall not receive any credits under this SLA due to any failure of site availability caused by or associated with:
- Circumstances due to any cause, which is beyond our control. This includes, without limitation, government, fire, flood, unavailability or interruption in third party services, virus attacks, hackers and third-party software (which also includes payment gateways, scripts, and eCommerce), loss of power or supplies needed to operate the service.
- Failure of internet access to the server network or it’s upstream providers unless such failure is caused solely by us;
- Scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance and upgrades;
- DNS issues beyond our control or DNS propagation;
- Issues with email or FTP access, including delivery or transmission;
- Errors reported as a result of outages of the measurement system;
- Client’s acts or omissions (including those working under your direction) which includes custom scripting or coding, negligence, or use of the services in violation of our terms of service;
- Outages on the Internet that stop you from accessing your account. We are not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make your site appear inaccessible when others can still access it. We will only guarantee those areas that are considered under our control: the server links to the Internet, and the servers.
To guarantee optimal performance of the hosting infrastructure, it is necessary for us to perform regular maintenance on the servers. This maintenance often requires taking the web and email servers off-line, typically during off hours. We reserve a minimum of one hour of service unavailability each month for maintenance. This will not be included in the availability calculation.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a refund for SLA performance, send an email refund request to us. You must provide the dates and times of the outage according to your records. We will confirm the dates and times against our records.
Refund requests must be received within 30 days of the outage for which you are requesting a refund.
If the unavailability is confirmed, the credit will be applied to your next billing cycle. Credits are not refundable and can only be used towards future charges.
The total amount credited to the client in a month will not exceed the total hosting fee paid for the month of the affected services. Credits are exclusive of any applicable taxes and are the client’s sole remedy due to any failure or deficiency in the site availability of the client’s website.